- Basic airplane vocabulary – places, people, verbs, things
- A security announcement
- asking for food and drinks
- small talk
- how planes work
- air travel quiz
- answers to last weeks quiz
Hello! As you can see today I’ll be telling you about being on an airplane. I’ve tried to not include too many things but there is lots more I would like to tell you but that will have to be in another post.
Basic airplane vocabulary – places, people, verbs and things
click here to watch the video on YouTube HD with subtitles available.
2) Verbs, nouns, safety, and people who work on the plane ✈️
Have a look at this great pictionary plane guide
An entertaining safety announcement
Listen for the vocabulary we have just seen in this special BA safety announcement! There are subtitles available on You Tube.
How many famouse people do you recognise?
Asking for food and drinks
Here is a sample conversation for asking for something to eat and drink on the plane.
- Could I have… please?
- What… (sandwiches) do you have?
- What flavour crisps are there?
- Could I have another sugar/milk/serviette, please?
- How much is it?
- Can I pay in euros/pounds/ by credit card?
This is when we chat/talk to other passengers to be friendly and pass the time.
A bit of technical stuff – How planes fly.
This video from Learn Engineering on You Tube is simple and clear! There are subtitles available.
Quiz on air travel
I’ll give you the answers next Sunday!
Answers to the quiz from the 08.08.17
Well, that’s all for now. More on travel with Airport arrivals in a few weeks!
Have a great week, practice your English and have fun!