With the return to classes here are some useful expressions and vocabulary. Also I’ve added a couple of things for more advanced learners.
- Class equipment
- Useful questions for English class.
- The Perfect Language Learner.
- People who work in a school.
- Stages of education.
- Watching and listening practice – Do it Yourself pencil case, notepad and headphone 🎧 wire holder.
- What kind of Learner are you?
- Back to school basics Crossword.
Click here to watch my stop-motion Class Equipment video on YouTube.
Useful expressions and questions for English Class
- How do you say ‘…….’ in English?
- What is this in English?
- How do you spell it?
- Could you repeat it please?
- How do you pronounce this word?
- What does ‘……’ mean?
- What page are we on?
- Sorry, I don’t understand.
- What is the homework?
- May I go to the ladies room/ men’s room, please?
- May I borrow a pen, please?
The Perfect Language Learner.
People who work in a School.
Stages of education
This is the process of education in the U.K.
- Nursery school (1-5)
- Primary school (5-11)
- High school/Secondary school (11-16)
- College/sixth form (16-18)
- University (18+)
Watching and Listening Practice
This week I recommend this short video from Sea Lemon. She tells us how make 3 things ourselves (DIY – do it yourself).
Places in the school
- corridor/passage way (where we walk between classrooms)
- Playground/school yard ( where the children have their break and play)
- Headmaster/headmistress/principal ‘s office
- Science labs
- art department
Can you think of more places in a school?
What kind of Learner are you?
Crossword – Back to school Basics
Thanks for reading! Subscribe for more.
See you next Sunday!